WHAT'S NOT COVERED
We care about you – and your Subaru! However, it’s important that we tell you about the minor exclusions of your New Vehicle Warranty.
Repairs, replacements and adjustments under the Subaru New Vehicle Warranty are not available for the following:
- Ordinary wear and tear.
- Wear and tear caused by use of the vehicle for a purpose, or under road or climatic conditions other than for which it was designed, including racing, rallying, speed trials, hill climbing or similar activities and competitive events.
- Driver negligence, misuse or abuse – e.g. tampering, disconnection, loading or towing beyond the manufacturer’s specifications, or continuing to drive the vehicle after loss of fluids, lubricants, oils, coolants, refrigerants or water.
- Accidents, impacts, fire, theft, illegal use or malicious damage by a third person.
- Modifications or alterations, which have not been approved by the manufacturer, or the installation or use of non-genuine parts, accessories, equipment, assemblies or components.
- A failure to have the vehicle serviced in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and recommendations, or a failure to have the vehicle repaired promptly in accordance with such recommendations following an accident or other damage, or after a defect becomes known or is suspected.
- Use of non-recommended, inappropriate or dirty fuel, oil, fluids, lubricants, coolants, refrigerants or water.
- Any work carried out on the vehicle by a person other than an authorised Subaru service outlet.
- A failure to maintain the vehicle, including its body trim and paintwork, in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, or the use of unsuitable agents.
- Environmental conditions including acid rain, industrial fall-out, salt, sand, stones, tree sap, bark or leaves, bird, animal or insect droppings or other damage, windstorm, hail, flood, lightening, or other acts of God.
In particular, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure
Subaru vehicles are certified to all relevant Australian Design Rules (ADR) in force at the time of certification. It is illegal to fit a replacement part or accessory, which does not allow the vehicle to continue to comply with the requirements of the Australian Design Rules.
In servicing the vehicle, the use of genuine and approved parts and accessories will help ensure that the original vehicle specification and quality is maintained and that the vehicle continues to comply with certification requirements and government regulations relating to vehicle safety and environmental controls.